Anquist Foundation formerly known as Efo Yeyetor Foundation is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in Ghana, West Africa and established in the year 2011. It is devoted to relieving isolation and loneliness among the elderly, helping the brilliant but needy children with educational assistance, and empowering women with specialized education in self-sustainable skills. Our organization also, offers medical assistance to the under privileged who cannot afford their medical needs.
For us, helping people is age-long tradition of mankind. It is Anquist Foundation's strong belief that in addition to the basic necessities of life, people should get special pleasures in life too, even as their age become destitute through no fault of theirs or find themselves unfortunate not to have any means to good life. Love, dignity and beauty in life are as basic as physical needs. This is profoundly reflected in our motto, “COMMITTED TO LIFE TRANSFORMATION” and manifested in our daily commune with the people we interact with, in our housing, field locations and in our home visitations. We strive to promote the independence; dignity and self-worth of people by empowering them to help themselves by providing a comprehensive range of social services to them.
WHY THE NEED FOR ANQUIST FOUNDATION
It is a perceptible fact that we are all not equal – in age, ability, talents, and standard. With these, come so many challenges in life; loss of support from friends, family members, and changes in societal family orientation, hostile environment and inequality in standards of living all as a result of uncontrollable factors. These circumstances inspired Anquist Foundation to initiate interventions to assume the place of friends and support the needy by providing friendship, education and emotional support. We adopt a personal and caring approach in our interactions with the people because we see them as friends and or family and not as clients.
In our seven (7) years of operation, Anquist Foundation has achieved the following:
1. In our effort to promote Education in Ave Community which is one of our main objective, Anquist Foundation Foundation in collaboration with ACS Professional College in alliance with Kings University College, has offered full scholarship to forty (40) qualified students across all the sixteen (16) towns of Ave to pursue one (1) diploma course in Accra branch. In summary, sixty five (65) SHS level students sat for the Access Exams and forty (40) passed and gained qualification to undergo a one (1) year Diploma course in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Business Administration
This Diploma is certified and awarded by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Ghana. Candidates who successfully complete this course could be employed as entry level managerial personnel in their respective field of work. Furthermore, those who would want to further their education could be admitted into any of the public or private universities from Level 200 or 2nd year.
- We organized free I.C.T training for junior high school levers, senior high school levers, teachers, workers and the communities to acquire I.C.T knowledge.
- We organized Anquist Foundation Easter Gala for Ave as yearly game that bring all the people of Ave together in and away to participate in this gala and also introduced Ave sorheza (Youth festival) as a yearly festival that brings the youth of Ave under one umbrella.
- Anquist Foundation in collaboration with Anquist college complex has offered full scholarship to sixty (60) qualified J.H.S students across Ave to pursue two and half years certificates programs in Ave-Dakpa branch, Akatsi north district capital. Furthermore, those who would want to further their education could be admitted into any of the public or private universities from Level 100 or first year because certificate is certified and awarded by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Ghana.
- Currently the Anquist Foundation is sponsoring thirty (30) orphanages at Anquist college complex helping to acquired basic education.